Friday, February 26, 2016

How You're Ruining Your Day, Maybe Your Life

3:45pm it is the hour of my salvation. Its the time my husband walks through the door and I claw against the mat towards the ropes to tag him in. "How was your day?" Here it is my opportunity to let him know just how real the struggle is and banish any ideas that I might be sitting around here eating bon bons...I don't even really know what those are, but they sound good!... As I relive the spills, fights, and missteps I feel even worse about my day.

Today as we stood in line at SAMs Club I was trying not to lose it. They were snappin out and there were 2 out of 20 lines open. They had just done so well at the hair dressers what was going on!!! What about a grocery cart makes every body loose their mind. As I plopped down in the drivers seat after we loaded our industrial size bags of produce I heard the Lord say to me "so what part are you going to let define your day?" I was like the mainstream media (and I am not a fan). Every day Matt comes home from work and I relive the horrors and neglect the highlight reel. With every negative story I retold I was making myself feel worse about the job I had to do. Not to mention they deserved more grace. What would I say about a boss who only ever pointed out my mistakes and never my achievements? I'll tell you it probably would require some editing.

The negative is going to scream in your face momma, you've got to choose to shout the joy louder. Don't ruin your own day! You don't have to pretend like you've had flowers coming out your butt all day, but before you is life and death...chose life!


No comments:

Post a Comment