Thursday, March 24, 2016

3 Day Refresh, Is It Worth It?

That's it we had decided and committed March 21st my friend Mindy and I would take on the 3 Day Refresh. A 3 Day Cleanse that is designed to help your body make a clean break from bad habits which I totally needed coming off a 6 day cruise. Mindy did the smart thing, while I was on the boat drinking coffee 6 times a day and having dessert every night, she was weaning herself off of processed foods and sugar. Oh how I wish I had done what Mindy did, but I did not and I suffered gravely for it. Here's how my 3 days went down.

DAY 1
Off to a great start I was worried about having my Shakeology without almond milk but with half a frozen banana in it, it was just fine! I wasn't even really feeling much from going without my normal morning coffee. Lunch was a vanilla protein shake half an apple and cucumbers with hummus. Thanks to the fact that you can have real food during this detox at no point was I starving. Around dinner I felt a headache coming on. By the kids bedtime I was in full blown break down mode I had chills, my body ached, and my head throbbed. Upon a little research I discovered that when you detox if you have a flu virus or some such mess in your system that your immune system has been staving off it will bubble right up to the top as your body gets rid of toxins. So now I am dealing with major caffeine withdrawal and the flu...awesome.





DAY 2
I woke up feeling like garbage, all of the symptoms that come with the flu were reigning down upon me. I sat and thought for a while, am I going to bail or am I going to stick with it? Even if I went back to my normal clean eating lifestyle it wouldn't get rid of the germs any faster than the cleanse would so it was time to embrace the suck. If repenting from sin felt like detoxing from sugar and caffiene it'd be the straight and narrow for all of us from here on out. Sheesh! Thank goodness you can have hot herbal tea because the chills had me wanting soup or coffee real bad. That day for lunch I had grape tomatoes with avocado, seasoned with a pinch of Himalayan salt, cracked black pepper and garlic powder. This is a cold salad I make in the summer with mozzarella and it is amazing! Went to bed feeling a little bit better, thank goodness the clouds were parting.

3/4 cup of halved grape tomatoes, 1/4 of an avocado diced, sprinkle himalayan salt, cracked black pepper and a pinch of garlic powder


DAY 3
Oh my gosh, am I dying?? If you have the option to do a detox when you are not sick, take that option!! Had my Shakeology at breakfast with frozen blueberries for a vitamin C boost and that delicious avocado and tomato salad for lunch. After lunch my parents watched the kids while I took my first ever detox bath. I went in feeling like death but I must have dipped myself in that healing water 7x cause I came out feeling brand new. lol I still had a little bit of a headache but the chills and body ache were gone! Praise the Lord. Dinner was a recipe for lemony green beans that comes in the booklet and they are delicious! I still wasn't hungry but man I sure was missin normal food. I told my husband after dinner "Can I go to bed now so I can wake up and eat?" hahaha

For a simple detox bath add 1 cup epsom salt and 2 cups baking soda as you draw a hot bath. Soak for at least 30 mins.


DAY 4
WOW!!!! Just call me Lazarus y'all! I was worried that being sick would mess with the results in my energy. All the clients I have that had finished the cleanse boasted of increased energy the next day. Even with the baby waking up at 2:30 (not normal for him) I woke up feeling awesome. And as a bonus I was looking awesome...well my hair was a hot mess but all of my nasty boat bloat I had acquired on the cruise was gone! I lost 4lbs (157.5 to 153.5) and 3 inches off my waist!

GET REAL ALERT
A detox will not give you abs. All it did was reveal all the hard work I've been doing in my workouts 
by trimming the bloat and some fluff. 


If you are thinking about doing the detox I would HIGHLY recommend working your way up to it! It shouldn't take long Mindy started the Wednesday before eating better and did well with it, I had a Cadbury cream egg and a cup of coffee the night before and knocked on deaths door. Obviously if you aren't fighting off the flu you'll also handle it much better.

If you are interested in more information or want to take advantage of this system while its on sale email me at moxiemaefitness@gmail.com or check out the 3 Day Refresh at my virtual store front.

No comments:

Post a Comment